Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Week 9!

Fun and the Flu

Last week of teacher training, thought it would never arrive! The excitement to the week was large, everyone was taking pictures, videos, exchanging information, crying, laughing and bracing themselves to re-enter the "real world". I for one was a little numb, I was unsure of how I felt, I kinda felt afraid to go home and face the world outside of our little yoga bubble and at the same time I couldnt wait to have my life back. I had completely detatched from my life back home while I was here so truthfully I wasnt really sure what my life back home even looked like anymore. I just stayed present and absorbed the love and excitement that surrounded me.

Tuesday morning I woke up with .....THE FLU! Can you believe it? I couldnt. Whole body aches, chills, fever, nausea..the whole bit! I was abslutely miserable! I cried a lot that day, mainly because my body hurt so bad but also because I did not want to spend my last hours, classes and lectures being sick. I did have to visit the infamous puke bucket that day, and if I would have had any liquids or food in me it would have been eventful but instead it just was my support as I lay in agony. It was no fun. The nurse said there was a 24 hour flu going around and that I would feel better by the next day and I DID! :) Thank god!

Wednesday and Thursday were typical days. Craig came back to training and lectured and taught us his infamous ridiculously hard class both nights. Craig is AWESOME! I really liked him and fell in love with him immediately. He a Jersey boy turned surfer. Its no suprise he stole my heart (my dad is from Jersey and I have a soft spot in my heart for surfers, as everyone knows). I felt a little bummed that we only got him for a week, but was not sad that we only had to have two yoga classes with him, he is a hardass teacher for sure!

Friday. THE BIG DAY! Our official last day of Bikram's Yoga College! The day was perfect! Rajashree taught the morning class and it was beautiful. I placed my mat right in front of her and admired her beauty and grace. I definitely had some tears flowing, tears of joy and a little sadness for this experience coming to an end. We then had our last "lecture" which was actually a session for students to ask questions and share their stories about how they found the yoga and what brought them here. Let me just say there was not enough Kleenex in the building that afternoon, we, and I do mean WE as in all 300 of us, were choked up and very emotional. The inspiring stories just kept coming one after another, my only regret was that we didnt do this week one. We got to see people in a whole new light. I was touched, inspired and moved beyond words. I love my Fall 2008 peeps! :) Then it was time for our final yoga class, class #99! And of course Bikram, Boss himself lead us. The room was jammed packed with visitors and the vibe was right! Bikram was in a great mood and lead the best class ever! As class came closer and closer to the end the emotions built. And one of the highlights for me was when Bikram called me out saying that I had one of the best rabbits out of everyone in training! WOW! Not bad for a girl who entered TT with true hatred for Rabbit pose! I was thrilled. The end of class came and all of us requested #3 on Bikrams' CD, it was our theme song and he delivered, as soon as the song (which is Bikram singing with techno beats, classsic!) started everyone got up from Savasana and started dancing, hugging, crying, celebrating, yes, even Bikram! He was dancing and smiling, it was so adorable. I love him so much! It was a beautiful ending to TT and I will never forget that night. Oh but that was not the end, the talent show was that night, and whoa talent is what we had in deed, I was shocked to see the talent of my peers. The night was so FUN! Everyone dresssed up to see the "show" and we were greeted with pizza and beverages as we took our seats. So FUN!

I didnt get to bed til 3:30 am, I was filled with adrenaline for the next day.....GRADUATION!

No comments: