Friday, September 5, 2008

Bikram Yoga



Bikram Yoga :
also known as hot yoga

90 minute hatha yoga class, done in a heated room

26 postures, 2 breathing exercises.


Working every muscle, joint, ligament, tendon, organ and gland, bones to skin, inside and out. Requiring much determination, strength and meditation.
A practise of self realization.

It is much more than your average yoga class.

http://www.bikramyoga.com/

The time has arrived, it seems so surreal! I am wrapping up last minute details as I get ready to head down to Acapulco, Mexico for 9 weeks to train with Bikram himself and take on his "yoga boot camp" in his infamous "torture chamber". It is the only road to becoming one of his teachers of his amazing yoga! I am very nervous, anxious and excited too! I mean, when ever again will I get to spend 9 straight weeks doing nothing but yoga? 2 classes a day to be exact; thats almost 4 hours a day in the hot room! Plus another 8-10 hours a day of lectures and posture clinics. Focusing all of my time and energy on nothing but yoga. :) However, I have been warned many times over again of the hardships that lie ahead of me at training; how I will want to quit and question why I am there. I have been warned that this experience will change me and my life forever. I am going to embrace it, every minute of it! What doesnt kill me will make me stronger, right? Well then, I plan on coming out of this training stronger than ever and ready to take on my whole new life!

If you have had the opportunity to take a Bikram Yoga Class you can understand the intensity and the magnitude of self discipline and self realization required. The integrity of this practise starts within the teachers and it is known that Bikram is very hard on his teachers in order to maintain this integrity. If you havent (taken a class) I hope upon my return you will come and allow me to guide you through at least one. ;)

So here is the start to my blogging adventures, a personal journal, a window to my soul throughout this journey. You can stay in touch with my thru myspace and hotmail as well but I will have very limited phone access, in other words, I wont be using my phone for 9 weeks! Thats liberating in itself, right?

I wish you all a very happy and healthy Fall! Take good care of yourselves and eachother. I will be returning November 16 and look forward to reconnecting with you all then!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and please, please, please KEEP IN TOUCH! I appreciate all the love and support I can get!
With much love,
Sash
~Namaste~

"Don't let anyone or anything ever take your peace away"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey baby!!!!!! here you go, sweetie. The ride of your life- Enjoy every moment of it! I know you will do an amazing job- Have fun, embrace it- 9 weeks....don't forget to breatheeeeeee :) Much love and Light heading your way!!!!
Your cheerleader- Misha

Sailing Adventures said...

Sasha - Congratulations and good luck on your adventure. So happy to know you are following your bliss. Donna