Sunday, September 14, 2008

Its Official!

I have arrived! Acapulco is beautiful and the Fairmont Princess is even more so! Our "mini condo" that Heidi and I share is way more spacious than I expected, nice surprise for sure and so far its been smooth sailing. Eveything has been super simple and easy. We are even embracing the crazy cab and shuttles rides that we have to close our eyes to withstand out of fear for our lives. "Enjoy the ride" (or rides) is what we have been told, so we are, literally. I also had a little "food poisening scare in the middle of the night last night, but woke up to feeling fine, thank god!

We have met and befriended a ton of yogi's already. Heidi has been quite the greeting committee, love her! It is so surreal being surrounded by 300 people who love this yoga as much as us and that are from all over the world. The vibe and energy is awesome and it keeps building as we get closer to Day 1! :)

Misha this one is for you, so this morning waiting to eat breakfast (which was really the only bummer so far, being that it is Mexican holiday weekend, there are a freakin' million visitors here that are also trying to eat breakfast at the same restaurant at the same time) ok on with my story, so after waiting for 30 minutes for to be seated we realized there may be a problem and there was, they lost our name and then proceeded to put our name down again under (no joke) like 40 other names! 2 hungry girls were not too impressed but ironically at the very same time a woman walked up to us out of no where and asked if we would like to join their table, they just happened to have 2 extra seats! SWEET! Hell Ya! So we sit down and begin to meet 6 others from all over the globe, London, Canada, the US and yes, drum roll please... SINGAPORE!!!! Misha, can you believe it? Your girls and your other girls all having their first breakfast together by absolute chance! I dont really believe in chances or coincidences but fate more. They are so sweet and we bonded instantly, pictures and all (which i will post soon). And of course, you our dear Misha, were the hot topic at breakie! It felt great to speak of you and how wonderful and powerful you have been in all of our lives. We miss u lots and feel your cheering from afar, thank you!

Today was our day to shop, unpack, and get organized. It all took place with total ease.

So in a couple of hours we will meet Bikram, his crew and the other 300 yogi's! Very excited and anxious to get this show on the road. We checked out the "torture chamber" and hell it is hot already and they havent even turned the heat on yet! But it is a gorgeous room and it seems unreal that I will be practising with 300 others 2 times a day for the next 62 days!

Thats really it for now, just wanted you all to know I made it safely and so far am in great spirits. I expected more anxiety, nerves and fear but am pleasantly surprised with my serenity and peace.

Hope your all well! I will be in touch again soon, please drop me a line, I really miss you all very much already!

Lots of love,
xoxox
~Sash

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sasha!!! So happy you made it safely! Good luck while this begins...

xoxox
Gita

Joe said...

Congratulations again on getting your Journey started. I think you have lots of acts of fate to look forward to over the next two months. The dogs and I are eagerly following along! Just keep enjoying that ride!

Love,
Joe, Lexi and Kiva

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it!
I have been thinking of you guys SO much!
I love the posts! Keep them coming! We all miss you in PV!

muah!
Emily D

Anonymous said...

Love you sis! I'm also happy to hear you so cheerful and arrived safe and sound. Keep us posted!